And the theme isss *drumroll*…
Check out some of the games below, and we hope to see you at our next jam!
Stay tuned for a demo reel…
In case you missed it, here’s the kickoff slides:
And the games!
Game Jam? What’s That?
tl;dr: A fun event where you make games and stuff!
Game Jams can last anywhere from a few hours to a few days/weeks. At the start of the jam you get a theme – this will usually be something abstract word/phrase like “Double” or “Every day we stray further from the light.” Then you hop on a team, brainstorm, and make something!
But what if…?
- You don’t need any prior experience! Game jams are a great place to learn something new
- You don’t need to make a video game! You can make a board game, art piece, or some other form of media
- If you have a project you want to work on during the jam that’s cool too! It’s a good chance to chill and crank out a project with friends
- You don’t have to have something completed at the end! Sometimes scope, homework, or life gets in the way of finishing a project. If you feel comfortable doing so, feel free to showcase whatever you’ve got or share what you learned!
I wanna do one of these!
Make sure you’ve joined our Discord for meeting/event reminders: https://igda.wpi.edu/discord
(If you are remote and can’t access discord in your home country, reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll help you out!)
IGDA WPI is a safe, inclusive, and overall chill space. We only have 3 rules:
- Don’t be a dick
- No alcohol/drugs/sexual content in any games
- Don’t give unsolicited advice – some people are uncomfortable having their works in progress critiqued. Wait until they’re ready for feedback!
- As a general rule of thumb, just be respectful and kind to others
- If someone tells you you’re being a dick, stop
- If you’re unsure whether or not you’re being a dick, ask an exec